The Different Ways You Can Quickly Immigrate To USA

Green Card Lottery/Diversity Visa Program

The United States Diversity Immigrant Visa (DV) lottery awards up to 50,000 immigrants visas yearly.

Eligibility is limited for natives from some countries. The eligible country list is posted with the guidelines for each year’s diversity program

  1. You must be a foreign national from a country with a low immigration rate to the United States for you to be considered
  2. You must have graduated from high school or have qualifying work experience.

Exchange Visitor Visas

Exchange Visitor (J) non-immigrant visa supplies American organizations with a pool of workers created by a labour shortage.

The visa holders serve mostly in the hospitality industry and as camp counsellors, a position most U.S workers are less interested in.

J-1 visa holders may arrive 30 days prior and depart 30 days after the program ends.

A violation of the visa is considered anytime before or after those guidelines.

Categories of workers available for the J-1 program are as follows:

  • Camp Counselor
  • Government visitors
  • Interns
  • International Visitors
  • Alien Physicians
  • Professor and Research scholars
  • Specialist
  • Students
  • Teachers
  • Summer work travel
  • Au Pairs
  • Short Term Scholars

Program Requirements
Programs like Au Pair and Summer Work Travel requires the visa holders to be of certain age limits or current high school or college students

Other Programs like Short-Term Scholar, Professor, Research Scholar, Specialist, Trainee and Alien Physician requires specific academic background, or have demonstrated their special skills or status in their home country. The duration of their visa ranges from one to three years.

Participants in summer options like the camp counsellor and summer work travel are covered by four-month J-1 visas.

Applying For A J-1 Visa
In order to apply for a J-1 Visa, you must satisfy all requirements and be accepted for an exchange visitor program through a designated sponsor organization.

Although the application process can be stringent and time-consuming, it is necessary you plan ahead and have all relevant documents ready before applying.

A list of sponsoring organizations is available online and applicants need to connect the sponsors directly to take part in one of the exchange programs.

The organization assists with the procurement of the visa, once you have been accepted by a sponsor.

Temporary work Visa (Non-Agricultural)

U.S. Temporary Non-Agricultural (H-2B) visas are generally used for jobs that are temporary but not agricultural – for example, jobs at ski mountains, beach resorts, or amusement parks.

The U.S government allows employers who can prove their temporary need for employees. The Foreign worker can then apply for the visas after being sponsored and have the opportunity to work in the U.S for a specified period of time.

Temporary workers cannot replace full-time or permanent workers.

The H-2B visa jobs are designed for some specific industries like:

  • Hospitality
  • Cruise Ships
  • Resorts and Theme Parks
  • Construction
  • Ski resorts
  • Golf courses
  • Maintenance and janitorial
  • Landscaping
  • Water Parks
  • Warehouses etc

To be eligible for the H-2B visa jobs, the foreign worker must fulfil these conditions:

  • They must have a job offer from a U.S employer
  • They have to prove their intent to return to their country of origin once their visa expires
  • They have to be eligible for an H-2B visa by proving that they are skilled workers in the job position that they are offered
  • They have to be from a country listed in the H-2B eligible countries list

The Department of Homeland Security has determined the citizens of countries that are eligible to get H-2B visas. The list is updated each year and employers can ask to add other countries.

Temporary Worker Visas (Skilled Workers)

The U.S H-1B visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows US companies to employ graduate level workers in speciality occupations that require theoretical or technical expertise in specialized fields such as in IT, finance, accounting, architecture, engineering, mathematics, science, medicine, etc.

You may be able to show degree equivalence through work experience or other equivalents if you do not possess a bachelors degree.

Note: Individuals cannot apply directly for an H-1B visa, the only employer must petition for entry of the employee.

The H-1b visa is granted for up to three years but may be extended to a maximum of six years.

The H-B1 though a non-immigrant visa is one of the few U.S visa categories that enables the holder to apply for and obtain a U.S Green Card.

To apply, you must have an employee-employer relationship, work in a specific in-demand specialty occupation, and be paid above the prevailing wage for that job.

There is a cap of 65,000 H1-B visas issued each year.
The Different Ways You Can Quickly Immigrate To USA The Different Ways You Can Quickly Immigrate To USA Reviewed by Basil on November 19, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.